Library Rules & Regulations
- Each student have to be a member of library for using the college library.
- Unauthorized persons/non-member of the library shall have no access into the college library.
- Signature on the library “Daily Use Register” is must for entering the library.
- Talking, sleeping, smoking, waiting are not allowed within the Central library campus.
- Without obtaining special permission from Principal / Librarian anybody cannot enter in the stack area or any other part of the library (except the faculty members).
- Students have to keep their personal materials in the Property counter at their own risk.
- This library has closed access for the students.
- The library cards are not transferable.
- Loss of Library Card – In case of loss/ damage of library card, a duplicate one will be issued on payment of Rs. 20/-with produce the FIR record of nearest police station OR payment of Rs.100/- (if, not produce the FIR record)for lending card and Rs.10/- for reading card.
- Library Hours –
- The college library remains open from 10.00 a.m. to 5.00 p.m. from Monday to Friday and from 10.00 a.m. to 3.00 p.m. on Saturday.
- Requisition for issuing books must be submitted within from 10.30 to 12.30 p.m. form Monday to Saturday.
- Issued books must be collected within 2.00 p.m. to 3.00 p.m.from Monday to Friday and 2.00 p.m. to 2.30 p.m. on Saturday.
- Books will be taken for reading purpose within 10.30 a.m. to 4.00 p.m.
- Lending Service – The student may borrow maximum 2 (two) books for 7 (seven) days and may renew the same for additional 7 (seven) days for maximum 3 (three) times.Additional copy of same book (with same title) will not issue to the same student.
At the time of issuing books, every user should examine it carefully and in case of distort, defacement/ damage, if any, should immediately submit to the concern library staff at the issue counter, afterwards the person to whom the book was issued lastly will be held responsible for the condition of the book and he/she must compensate either by binding/ repairing of the book as decided by the college Librarian.
The reference books, rare books, periodicals and special collections of books as well as career guidance books “NOT TO BE LENT OUT” from the library.
- Overdue Charges – Retaining books for more than 7 days is liable for a fine of Rs. 1.00/day/book.
- Reading and Reference room Service – The college library has a comfortable reading room, where user can read documents as well as newspapers. Generally, not more than 1 (one) book at a time will be allowed by deposit of reading card to the respective library staff and details of documents must keep an entry in the “Reading room register”.
- Loss of library books – Person held responsible for loss/ damage/ defacement or mutilation of library books shall be liable to compensate the library by replacing with a new copy i.e. current edition of the lost book(s). And if the book is not available in the market, he/she must pay twice price of the original book(s) and he/she has to submit the publisher’s reference about the unavailability of the respective book(s).
- Library clearance – It is mandatory for every library member to collect his/her library clearance from the college library at the end of his / her study / service.
- Role of Head of the Departments (HODs) having departmental library –
- Only Head of the Departments (with charge of departmental library) can receive books from the Central library on behalf of their respective departmental libraries and take full responsibilities of the books.
- Issue, return and departmental clearance of books from departmental libraries are maintained by concerned departments.
- Violation of library rules and misbehaviour with library staff may cause cancellation of library use.
The library rules framed above are subject to change, may be altered and amended from time to time or new rules may be added by the college authority and that will be effective to all concerned.